847-372-6805 Direct Phone
Ralph Nach is the author and instructional designer of the popular annual Accounting and Auditing Clinic™ that has been presented across the U.S. for scores of firms and thousands of attendees. He is a sought-after conference speaker and course facilitator throughout the U.S. and internationally.
Mr. Nach possesses a depth and breadth of expertise serving in several capacities:
- Consulting expert and technical advisor on litigation and financial forensics matters
- Designer and facilitator of conference presentations and training workshops on technical topics that include the application of domestic and international accounting, auditing, financial reporting, and quality control standards, as well as nontechnical topics, including those related to leadership and interpersonal development
- Senior faculty and technical advisor for a large, national professional training firm
- Senior research analyst for accounting and reporting policy for an investment advisory/credit analysis firm focusing on the impact of new and existing accounting and reporting standards and practices.
Mr. Nach has served the accounting profession for over 35 years in a variety of capacities that include auditor, quality control reviewer, and external peer reviewer.
Prior to becoming a full-time consultant, educator and facilitator, he served as a national office quality control partner at McGladrey and as the national chief learning officer for American Express Tax & Business Services, Inc.
Mr. Nach has served as author, co-author, contributing author, or technical editor of a number of widely-utilized technical reference works, including:
- PPC’s Interactive Disclosure Library, PPC/Thomson Reuters, 2011;
- PPC’s Guide to Preparing Financial Statements, PPC/Thomson Reuters, 2010;
- Wiley GAAP: Interpretation and Application, John Wiley & Sons, 2001–2010;
- Handbook of Accounting and Auditing, Warren, Gorham & Lamont, 1999;
- Controllers Policies and Procedures Manual, Warren, Gorham & Lamont, 1998; and
- Technical Practice Aids, AICPA, 1995.
Mr. Nach earned a BSBA with honors from the Heller College of Business of Roosevelt University in Chicago, Illinois, where he was elected to membership in Beta Gamma Sigma and the Franklin Honor Society. He is a graduate of the inaugural class of the American Express Leadership Effectiveness Advancement Program (LEAP), designed to prepare the organization’s high-performing employees to assume increased leadership responsibilities.
Mr. Nach served as an adjunct lecturer in graduate-level accounting, finance, and economics at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois and, in addition, he completed an intensive 5-day Mediation Training Professional Development Program sponsored by the Northwestern University School of Continuing Studies.
Click on the link to watch a video by Ralph Nach.